The Bishop’s Annual Appeal is our opportunity, as a people of one faith, to support the work of the Catholic Church in Eastern North Carolina. The services provided and ministries supported by the BAA are realized in EVERY parish and mission in our Diocese. There are many needs beyond our parishes’ capacity to serve. The Diocese helps to meet these needs through the ministries of the Bishop’s Annual Appeal.
The 2018 Bishop’s Annual Appeal will be conducted by 95 parishes/missions and raises funds for 30 ministries of charity, worship and evangelization in the Diocese of Raleigh. The services that the Diocese provides reflect our belief in the sanctity of human life, the dignity of the individual, and the central role of the family in life and society. As a result, the agencies, institutions and programs funded by the Bishop’s Annual Appeal serve all of God’s people, without regard to religion, race, age, handicap or financial status.
Catholic Charities Board Chairperson, Rebecca McCabe, will be at St. Andrew to speak at Masses the weekend of January 27 & 28, 2018.
All parishes can benefit from the ministries of the Bishop’s Annual Appeal through:
- Education of Diocesan Priests and the Formation of Seminarians and Deacons
- Professional support of our Catholic Schools and Catechetical programs
- Services offered to all people through Catholic Charities
- Parish Assistance Grants for small, struggling parishes and missions
- Support for young Catholics through Catholic Campus Ministries
- Training, assistance and other resources through Diocesan offices
- Direct financial support – through the Rebate Program, 80% of funds collected above our parish goal are returned to our parish; 100% of the overage is returned to parishes with an elementary school
Learn more about all diocesan seminarians by clicking here. The funds raised through the BAA largely support the seminarians in our diocese.
Be an Instrument of God’s Service – Donate to the BAA!