A holistic approach is used to encourage our youth to recognize their role in the Church. High School Youth Ministry (TYM) encompasses religious education, Confirmation Preparation, socials, service and spiritual retreats. Classes are held September through May.
Please join us on June 3rd, 2018 at 11:30 Mass
A Reception for Graduates and Families will follow Mass.
Faith Formation 2018-2019
Please note for families new to St. Andrew: Welcome! Families must be registered parishioners at St. Andrew in order to enroll in any Faith Formation class (K-12) and the Home Program. New Parishioner Registration Forms may be submitted along with Faith Formation registration.
St. Andrew Faith Formation students are to share in at least four GRACE opportunities each school year. GRACE opportunities allow students to grow in relationship with our St. Andrew faith community through liturgy, prayer, service, formation and fellowship.
Additionally, Candidates for Confirmation are asked to share in at least two service opportunities while preparing for the sacrament.
April Upcoming Events
- Food Drive for Western Wake Crisis Ministry – Saturday, April 14th and Sunday, April 15th
All are invited to share food and household items with needy families in our nearby communities. Donations may be delivered to the CARE Center. A GRACE Opportunity
- Teen Rosary Makers – Sunday, April 15th, 22nd and 29th
Volunteers are invited to make rosaries that are given to hospitals, prisons and missions worldwide. Sign up here: Teen Rosary Makers A Service and GRACE Opportunity
- Meet and Eat – Sunday, April 15th, 22nd and 29th
Our parish youth are invited to enjoy dinner, games and fellowship. Sign up here: Meet and Eat A GRACE Opportunity
- Teen Volunteers for our Parish Bunko Night – Saturday, April 21st
High school teens are needed to help with our parish’s ECC-sponsored Bunko Night. Find out more and sign up with this link: Bunko Night Teen Volunteers A Service and GRACE Opportunity
- Confirmation – Tuesday, April 24th
Bishop Luis Rafael Zarama will celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation with our parish’s Confirmation Class of 2018 and their families at 6:30pm in the Church. All are welcome. A GRACE Event
- Strawberry Festival – Saturday, April 28th
Our St. Andrew’s Activities Committee is in need of teen volunteers in 8th grade through high school to help with our parish’s Strawberry Festival. Find out more and sign up with this link: Strawberry Festival Teen Volunteers All are invited to attend this year’s Strawberry Festival from 2-5:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall! A GRACE Event
- Teen Volunteers for our Children’s Liturgy of the Word – Sundays
Teens are needed to help shepherd children as they experience our Children’s Liturgy of the Word on Sunday mornings during the 9:30am Mass. Sign up here: Children’s Liturgy of the Word Volunteers A Service and GRACE Opportunity
- Teen Volunteers for our Parish Nursery – Monday evenings and Sunday mornings
- Teens are needed to help care for the children of our Faith Formation teachers on Monday evenings from 4:45 to 6pm. Sign up here: Monday Evening Nursery Volunteers
- Teens are also needed on Sunday mornings to volunteer in the Nursery. during the 9:30am Mass. Use this link to signup: Sunday Morning Nursery Volunteers A Service and GRACE Opportunity
- Brown Bag Ministry – Saturdays
Meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30am to help prepare food that will help feed the hungry in our nearby communities. A Service and GRACE Opportunity
Please visit our Confirmation page.
September – April, 7- 8:15 p.m.
All youth grades 9 and up are welcomed for all the social activities. Cost varies on events. You do not have to be enrolled in the religious education classes.
Meet and Eat is for middle and high school students in youth ministry. Each Sunday we have a meal and social time from 6:30 – 7 p.m. The cost is $3 per meal and a reservation must be made in advance.
We are using sign up genius for the reservations and an e-mail will be sent to you with the menu so that you know what we are serving. We also need parent volunteers to help set up, serve and clean up after the meal.
For a list of dates, meals and to sign up for a meal go to: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E094FA8AB2CA75-meet1
GRACE Program at St. Andrew
Everyone in faith formation participates in a program called GRACE that offers opportunities to be with your St. Andrew faith community in liturgy, prayer, service, formation and fellowship.
Open to all in grades 9-12 seeking religious education
- $50.00/student/year (registration on or before August deadline)
- $70.00/student/year (registration after August deadline)
- Maximum registration fee for K – 12th is $150/family when registering by August deadline (sacramental fee excluded)
- Confirmation Registration is an additional form and fee.
- Small faith sharing groups
- Youth Board
- Prayer services
- Guest speakers
- Socials, activity nights, service projects
- Preparation for Sacrament of Confirmation (a series of classes in addition to YM)
Terri Reed, phone: 919-362-0685, ext. 126, or
Mike Kaufman, Parish Council Liaison,