A holistic approach is used to encourage our youth to recognize their role in the Church. High School Youth Ministry (TYM) encompasses religious education, Confirmation Preparation, socials, service and spiritual retreats. Classes are held September through May.
Please note for families new to St. Andrew: Welcome! Families must be registered parishioners at St. Andrew in order to enroll in any Faith Formation class (K-12) and the Home Program. New Parishioner Registration Forms may be submitted along with Faith Formation registration.
January Upcoming Events
- Adoration – Friday, January 5th through Saturday, January 6th
Adoration allows us to be present with the Blessed Sacrament. Adoration begins in the Chapel after 9am Mass on Friday morning and concludes with Benediction on Saturday morning at 9am. A GRACE Opportunity
- Teen Rosary Makers – Sunday, January 7th and January 21st
Volunteers create rosaries that are given to hospitals, missions and prisons worldwide. Sign up here: Teen Rosary Makers A Service and GRACE Opportunity
- Meet and Eat – Sunday, January 7th, January 21st and January 28th
Our parish youth are invited to enjoy dinner, games and fellowship. Sign up here: Meet and Eat A GRACE Opportunity
- Love My Life Youth Rally and Mass – Saturday, January 13th
This event is an opportunity for Catholic teens throughout the Diocese to gather together and celebrate life. 9:30am -1:30pm at Holy Name of Jesus Cathedral. Contact Donna at email@example.com for more information. A GRACE Opportunity
- Teen Prayer Workshop – Sunday, January 14th
Teens are invited to join us in the Chapel from 4-5:15pm for a powerful video program prepared by Dynamic Catholic. Teens will learn a prayer process that will allow them to experience God’s presence in their lives. A GRACE Opportunity
- Family Promise – Sunday, January 14th through Sunday, January 21st
Family Promise provides shelter and support to homeless families. Ministry Coordinators will be in the Gathering Space after Masses on January 6th and 7th answering questions and seeking volunteers. Our parish host week will be January 14th through January 21st. A Service and GRACE Opportunity
- CPO (Catholic Parish Outreach) Food Drive
Teen Volunteers are needed to distribute empty shopping bags and grocery lists to parishioners after each Mass the weekend of January 20th and 21st. Teens are also needed to help collect donated food as parishioners return their food donations the weekend of January 27th and 28th. Sign up here: CPO Food Drive Volunteers A Service and GRACE Opportunity
- Teen Volunteers for our Children’s Liturgy of the Word – Sundays
Teens are needed to help shepherd children as they experience our Children’s Liturgy of the Word on Sunday mornings during the 9:30am Mass. Sign up here: Children’s Liturgy of the Word Volunteers A Service and GRACE Opportunity
- Teen Volunteers for our Parish Nursery – Monday evenings and Sunday mornings
- Teens are needed to help care for the children of our Faith Formation teachers on Monday evenings from 4:45 to 6pm. Sign up here: Monday Evening Nursery Volunteers
- Teens are also needed on Sunday mornings to volunteer in the Nursery. during the 9:30am Mass. Use this link to signup: Sunday Morning Nursery Volunteers A Service and GRACE Opportunity
- Brown Bag Ministry – Saturdays
Meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30am to help prepare food that will help feed the hungry in our nearby communities. A Service and GRACE Opportunity
Please visit our Confirmation page.
September – April, 7- 8:15 p.m.
All youth grades 9 and up are welcomed for all the social activities. Cost varies on events. You do not have to be enrolled in the religious education classes.
Meet and Eat is for middle and high school students in youth ministry. Each Sunday we have a meal and social time from 6:30 – 7 p.m. The cost is $3 per meal and a reservation must be made in advance.
We are using sign up genius for the reservations and an e-mail will be sent to you with the menu so that you know what we are serving. We also need parent volunteers to help set up, serve and clean up after the meal.
For a list of dates, meals and to sign up for a meal go to: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E094FA8AB2CA75-meet1
GRACE Program at St. Andrew
Everyone in faith formation participates in a program called GRACE that offers opportunities to be with your St. Andrew faith community in liturgy, prayer, service, formation and fellowship.
Open to all in grades 9-12 seeking religious education
- $50.00/student/year (registration on or before August deadline)
- $70.00/student/year (registration after August deadline)
- Maximum registration fee for K – 12th is $150/family when registering by August deadline (sacramental fee excluded)
- Confirmation Registration is an additional form and fee.
- Small faith sharing groups
- Youth Board
- Prayer services
- Guest speakers
- Socials, activity nights, service projects
- Preparation for Sacrament of Confirmation (a series of classes in addition to YM)
Terri Reed, phone: 919-362-0685, ext. 126, or
Mike Kaufman, Parish Council Liaison,