A holistic approach is used to encourage our youth to recognize their role in the Church. The Middle School Youth ministry (JYM) encompasses religious education, socialization as well as service and spiritual pursuits. Classes are held September through May.
Please note for families new to St. Andrew: Welcome! Families must be registered parishioners at St. Andrew in order to enroll in any Faith Formation class (K-12) and the Home Program. New Parishioner Registration Forms may be submitted along with Faith Formation registration.
- Brown Bag Ministry – Saturdays
Meet in the Fellowship Hall at 9:30am to help prepare food that will help feed the hungry in our nearby communities. A Service and GRACE Opportunity
Janaury Upcoming Events
- Adoration – Friday, January 5th through Saturday, January 6th Adoration allows us to be present with the Blessed Sacrament. Adoration begins in the Chapel after 9am Mass on Friday morning and concludes with Benediction on Saturday morning at 9am. A GRACE Opportunity
- Teen Rosary Makers – Sunday, January 7th and January 21stVolunteers are invited to make rosaries that will be given to hospitals, prisons and missions worldwide. Sign up here: Teen Rosary Makers A Service and GRACE Opportunity
- TEEN PRAYER WORKSHOP– Sunday afternoon, January 14th 4:00 – 5:15pm in the Chapel
With this powerful video program prepared by Dynamic Catholic, teens will be given the tools they need so they may put their trust in God and discover how He is at work in their lives. This opportunity can be life-changing! For more information, contact Donna Shinn at email@example.com.
- Meet and Eat – Sunday, January 7th, January 21st and January 28thOur parish youth are invited to enjoy dinner, games and fellowship. Sign up here: Meet and Eat A GRACE Opportunity
- Family Promise – Sunday, January 14th through Sunday, January 21st. Family Promise provides shelter and support to homeless families. Ministry Coordinators will be in the Gathering Space after Masses on January 6th and 7th answering questions and seeking volunteers. Our parish host week will be January 14th through January 21st. A Service and GRACE Opportunity
- $50.00/student/year (registration on or before August deadline)
- $70.00/student/year (registration after August deadline)
- Maximum registration fee for K – 12th is $150/family when registering by August deadline (sacramental fee excluded)
Do you enjoy working with Middle Schoolers?
We have some wonderful youth that need your time and talent. Catechists and assistants are needed. If this is something that you would be interested in please call Terri @ 919-362-0685 x126.
- Sunday 11:15 a.m. – 6th Grade Only
- Sunday 4:00 – 5:15 p.m.
- Sunday 7:00 – 8:15 p.m.
- Monday 4:45 p.m. – 6th Grade Only
- Optional on Sunday: Meet & Eat: 6:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Youth Ministry Calendar
Open to all in grades 6-8 seeking religious education. Adult volunteers and chaperones welcomed!
GRACE Program at St. Andrew
Everyone in faith formation participates in a program called GRACE that offers opportunities to be with your St. Andrew faith community in liturgy, prayer, service, formation and fellowship.
Meet and Eat is for middle and high school students in youth ministry. Each Sunday we have a meal and social time from 6:30 – 7 p.m. The cost is $3 per meal and a reservation must be made in advance.
We are using sign up genius for the reservations and an e-mail will be sent to you with the menu so that you know what we are serving. We also need parent volunteers to help set up, serve and clean up after the meal.
For a list of dates, meals and to sign up for a meal go to: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E094FA8AB2CA75-meet1
- Service Projects
- JYM Leadership Council
- Prayer services
- Small faith sharing communities
Terri Reed, phone: 919-362-0685, ext 126, or
Mike Kaufman, Parish Council Liaison,