The information below will be helpful for you as you plan your Lenten Journey this year.
Ash Wednesday Services– Wednesday, February 14
- 7:00 a.m. Liturgy of the Word with Ashes
- 9:00 a.m. Mass with Ashes
- Noon Liturgy of the Word with Ashes
- 5:30 p.m. Liturgy of the Word with Ashes
- 7:30 p.m. Liturgy of the Word with Ashes
Holy Week Schedule
Passion (Palm) Sunday
- Vigil Saturday, March 24- Mass at 5:30 p.m.
- Passion (Palm) Sunday, March 25- Masses at 7:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. 11:30 a.m. & 5:30 p.m.
Holy Thursday- Thursday, March 29
- 7:30 p.m. – Mass of the Lord’s Supper with Washing of the Feet
Good Friday- Friday, March 30
- 3:00 p.m. – Celebration of the Lord’s Passion
- 7:30 p.m. – Celebration of the Lord’s Passion
Easter Vigil- Saturday, March 31
- No 5:30 p.m. Mass
- 8:00 to 9:30 p.m. – Easter Vigil
Easter Sunday– Sunday, April 1
- No 5:30 p.m. Mass
- Masses at 7:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m. & 11:30 a.m.
- Overflow Masses for 9:30 and 11:30 will be in Fellowship Hall.
Weekday Mass and Stations of the Cross
- Weekday Mass during Lent at 9:00 a.m.
- Stations of the Cross on Fridays: February 16, 23, March 2, 9, 16, 23 at 7:00 p.m.
Adult Faith Formation Opportunities
Wednesday Night Soup & Group
- February 21, 28, March 7, 14, 21
- Details: Everyone is talking about encountering Jesus- Especially Pope Francis!! Coming during Lent 2018 you can get in on the action by being a participant in The Journey, a five-week process that emphasizes personal experience and prayer. The program leads to growth in our faith and helps us experience Jesus and his way of life more personally.Join us on the following Wednesday nights during Lent: Feb. 21, 28, March 7, 14, 21! We will meet from 6 -7:45 p.m. for soup and study. There will be a nursery as well as activities for children in grades 1 through high school.We hope that many parishioners will sign up and help our parish grow in faith—so that more of our parishioners see themselves as followers of Jesus.
- Soup from 6-6:30 p.m., Group from 6:30-7:45 p.m.
- Soup Schedule:
- Feb 21: Chicken and Rice, Hearty Vegetable
- February 28: Vegetable Beef, Tomato Tortellini Bisque
- March 7: Bean Soup with Ham, Monastery Lentils
- March 14: Beef and Barley, Tomato Tortellini Soup
- March 21: Italian Wedding Soup, Hearty vegetable
- Click here to RSVP.
- Soup helper in serving and/or clean-up
- Volunteer to work with elementary-aged kids
- Volunteer to work with teens
- Volunteer to work in the nursery
- Volunteer to facilitate and guide table discussions
- Click here to sign-up to help!!
Meatless Meal Fridays (Before Stations of the Cross)
Meals will be served in the Fellowship Hall on some Fridays of Lent before Stations of the Cross.
Knights of Columbus #6650 Fish Fry
- March 2, 9, 16 from 5:00—7:00 p.m.
- See details to the right.
Knights of Columbus Assembly Pasta Dinner
- March 23 from 5:00—7:00 p.m.
- Watch bulletin or website for details.
Haiti Goat Project
The Haiti Goat Project (HGP) is St. Andrew’s annual Lenten project that began in 2006. The initiative aids the children of Haiti by providing our Haitian friends the tools and knowledge needed to build a long-term solution to poverty and hunger. Under the direction of St. Andrew parishioner and NC State professor Charlotte Farin, the Haiti Goat Project has flourished with the support of our parish and the technical know-how of the NC State Agricultural Department. It has established a goat herd that produces high quality animals that are available for distribution to other producers or to school feeding programs. Look for the table in the Gathering Space during Lent to help fund a goat or sponsor a student! Click here to learn more.
The Arts and Environment Committee is providing the opportunity for you to purchase memorial plants for the Easter season. The cost for each memorial plant requested is $5. Forms will be available in the Gathering Space, in the Church Office and at www.saintandrew.org. Please print legibly. A list of those being remembered will be posted Easter Sunday. Deadline for forms is April 3. Click here to print out the form. Click here to print out the form.