Knights of Columbus
The Knights of Columbus is the largest Catholic family fraternal service organization with over 1.7 million members worldwide. It provides members and their families with volunteer opportunities in service to the Catholic Church, their communities, families and young people. Our guiding principles are Charity, Unity, Fraternity and Patriotism. Come join an organization that fills your heart and mind with the joy of giving to others and the feeling that comes with making a difference.
Membership is open to practicing Catholic men over the age of 18 who accept the teaching authority of the Catholic Church on matters of faith and morals, aspires to live in accord with the precepts of the Catholic Church, and is in good standing in the Catholic Church. For more information on becoming a knight, please click here.
The patriotic arm of the Knights – also known as the 4th Degree, fosters the spirit of patriotism by promoting responsible citizenship along with a love and loyalty of country through active membership in the “Assembly.” In addition, certain members of the Patriotic Degree serve as honor guards at civic and religious functions, an activity that has brought worldwide recognition to the Knights of Columbus. More information on the Patriotic Degree Assembly click here.
Knights of Columbus (Assembly 2446)Veteran’s Day Luncheon
- November 12 at 1:00 PM
- The Public is welcome to attend and honor our past and present Service Men and Women.
- Menu: Roast Pork , Mashed Potatoes, Mixed Vegetables, Salad, Dinner Rolls, Dessert, Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks
- We have a Military Speaker whose Knowledge of Military affairs will inform and perhaps entertain you.
- Adult ticket: $ 10.00. We will accept Credit Cards. NO tickets will be available at the Door. Free Discount Coupon to a Local Restaurant with every Adult Ticket sold.
- This is a Grace Event.
- Ticket Sales at St. Andrews the Weekends of October the 28/29 and November the 4/5. Ticket also available at the Church Office from Pat Shakal.
The local Knights of Columbus Council is very active in the areas of Church, Community, Family, Youth. We participate in several fund raising activities, most notably Operation L.A.M.B. which benefits children with learning disabilities. We also provide support for the parishes and schools of St. Andrew’s as well as St Michael’s in Cary. Other examples of our work in action include:
Join us on Sunday, October 8 after all morning Masses for a pancake breakfast. Adults: $5:00 Kids: $3.00
|NC Special Olympics||Feeding the Homeless|
|Coats for Children||Adopt a Highway|
|Lenten Fish Fry||Youth Activities (Free Throw, Soccer Challenge)|
|Right to Life||Kids Read-A-Thon|
|Family Picnic||Community Blood Drives|
|Food Pantry||Diocesan Seminarians|
In addition to a number of domestic charities, the Patriotic Degree Assembly also includes the American Military Veterans as part of their Fundraising to support in-service needs like the USO, the VA Hospital in Durham, and several other areas concerning veterans.
- Msgr. Michael A. Carey Council #6650 holds monthly business meetings the second Monday of each month at 7:30pm and social meetings are held the 4th Monday of each month at 7:30pm. We meet at the St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church Conference Center in Cary.
- Fr. Paul Graymoor Assembly #2446 (The Patriotic arm of the Knights) meets the Third Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm in the St Andrew’s Fellowship Hall.
If you have questions about the Knights of Columbus, wish to join or transfer from another council, please contact Steve Schaale, Grand Knight, Council #6650, phone: 919-810-7873(c), . Also, visit our website: www.kofc6650.org.
If you are currently a Knight, and are considering joining the Patriotic Assembly #2446 contact: Ron Logan, Faithful Navigator, phone: 919-468-0424 or click here.
Brian Mangum, Parish Council Liaison,