Most Catholic men are busy supporting their families, driving kids to sports, etc and only find time to attend mass on Sunday (if that). This unfortunately leaves them and their families lacking in grace and direction. The program at St Andrew’s was started by a group of men who looked at the significant drop in US Catholic mass attendance, baptisms, catholic school education and sacramental marriages over the past 15 years, and projections that showed it getting worse. A key factor in a family’s spiritual health is the father’s commitment to his Catholic faith. “That Man is You” is an interactive program currently running at over 500 parishes around the Nation. It is designed to honestly address the pressures and temptations that men face in our modern culture, especially those relating to their roles as husbands and fathers. The program harmonizes current social and medical science with the teachings of the Church and the wisdom of the saints to develop the vision of man fully alive. It is particularly indebted to the teachings of the Second Vatican Council and Pope John Paul II. The program is comprised of 2 sessions of 13 weeks a year and starts in September. We meet early Saturday morning from 7 – 8:30am so we don’t impact family time. During the first year we had an average of 60 men come each week. If you talk to them you will find they are now better Catholic men, husbands and fathers. Many will tell you stories about the progress they have made in their faith life and how much they value the discussions with the other men in their group.
TMIY Current and Previous Members
Don’t miss out on culmination of the Journey to Nazareth of this spring semester, the Lourdes experience. We have discussed Our Lady’s appearance to Bernadette at Lourdes in other sessions, but the last two weeks of the semester of “That Man is You” are specifically focused on the Lourdes experience where you will have the opportunity to drink and wash in Lourdes water. The Saturday March 24th session (7:00-8:30) will be to experience the water and then on April 7th we will jointly experience the rosary. Don’t miss this opportunity to experience this Lourdes Experience with brothers on the journey to deepen our faith this Lent.
New Session Has Begun
That Man Is You (TMIY) began it’s new spring session on Saturday, January 13th in the St. Andrew Fellowship Hall. The spring topic is The Will to Love. A light breakfast starts at 7:00 am: with the presentation beginning at 7:30 and concluding by 8:30. The program runs for 13 weeks. The objective is to help men rediscover the true desires of their heart; identify the major challenges in the spiritual life and the means for overcoming them; reveal to men the structured approach used by saints to make true progress in the spiritual life; open men to an encounter with Our Lady and the Holy Family that will transform their lives and that of their family.
TMIY is an interactive men’s program combining research from science with teachings of the Catholic Church. Join your fellow men, husbands, and fathers who are seeking to be formed to face pressures and temptations of our modern culture.
Experience the Power of Transformation as you Discover:
- The uniqueness of the Catholic vision of love and marriage, which is so profound that it transcends the limits of this world to touch the divine.
- Powerful stories from around the globe of men and women who have “fought the good fight” to give testimony to the power of love.
- The latest neurological science that harmonizes profoundly well with the Church’s vision of love and marriage.
- The mystical reality of the Catholic Nuptial Mass that spans from the Paradise in Eden through Christ’s sacrifice on Calvary to the Marriage Feast of the Lamb in heaven.
- The grace being offered for men to rediscover their first love and truly become apostles of a new springtime.
- The time-honored approach to discover and overcome the struggles in the spiritual life.
- The ability to develop a systematic approach to the spiritual life.
- The hidden life of the Holy Family, which is offered as a model for your family.
Registration & Information
We encourage all parish men to register. You can contact Bob Galush for more information at 919-368-7218 or click here to register online.
Kevin Kocher and Bob Galush, Ministry Leaders,
Barb Kocher, Parish Council Liaison,