Here are our clean-up dates for 2018:
- March 10
- June 9
- Sept 8
- Dec 9
Frequently Asked Questions
- How often do the cleanup days occur? Generally 4 times a year (early March, June, Sept and Dec.)
- How can I stay informed? Bill Carey has a distribution list that I maintain, and I send reminders about 2 weeks before a cleanup day. Also, there are generally bulletin announcements weeks in advance so watch the bulletin as well.
- Who can help? Kids 12 and older can join in, provided they are accompanied by a parent. Otherwise, anyone 18 and older can help.
- What do I need to bring on cleanup day? We (actually the state of NC) provides the safety vests, trash bags and gloves.
- Where is our “highway”? St Andrews cleans up on Penny Rd in Cary. There are signs on the Kildaire Farm Rd side and on the Rt 1010 side. That’s our section of highway.
- If I have other questions, who can I contact? You can contact Bill Carey (email: )
Open to all- ages 12 and older
Children 12-17 must be accompanied by an adult or guardian
We are affiliated with the North Carolina state-sponsored Adopt-a-Highway program. Visit their site for details on the program that include frequently-asked questions and safety guidelines.
Bill Carey, phone: 919-985-3005, email:
Paul Sholtis, Parish Council Liaison,