As an expression of Catholic social teachings, the mission of Catholic Parish Outreach (CPO) is to serve the needy families and individuals of our community by providing supplemental food and young children’s clothing. CPO is the largest food pantry in the Triangle.
CPO does more than just give out food. The food pantry gives hope to its clients by treating them with dignity and respect along with showing that volunteers come together with one purpose – to help them. CPO also provides a food stamp outreach program, and a resource list of other assistance throughout the community. It is a model throughout the state of how to serve the less fortunate in our communities.
Please visit our CPO website for more information.
Here is a little more information about CPO:
- CPO is the largest food pantry in the Triangle
- Clients are eligible to receive a week’s worth of groceries every 30 days with a referral
- 65% of CPO’s food is donated
- CPO Distributed 2.6 million pounds of groceries in 2015
- CPO gave a week’s worth of groceries to an average of 8500 people / month in 2016
- During Thanksgiving week 2015, CPO served 700 families
- CPO met these needs with 4 paid staff people and 1,900 volunteers
- A tax-deductible donation of $25 feeds a family for one week.
January 27 & 28 CPO Food Drive!
Grocery bag distribution on Saturday Jan. 20th & Sunday Jan. 21st.
Please bring your contributions to the CPO truck in the St. Andrew parking lot on Saturday Jan 27th and Sunday Jan 28th.
All are welcome!
Catholic Parish Outreach is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. We ask volunteers to plan to arrive around 9:30 a.m. and stay until 1:30 p.m.
Barb Kocher, Pastoral Council Liaison,